Saturday, June 14, 2008

time for some changes....

well, its been 5 months since my first post. shame on me!
not that I ever started this with the intention of blogging regularly.....so there!

things are a bit hectic at the moment.....well, when isn't it??

I've had to do some serious introspection over the last week about where I am going at this pace.
the fact that i am working like a crazed lunatic with absolutely no time to take care of myself and my little'un is just not cutting it for me anymore. i really need to start doing my own thing; as the thought of working like this and then retiring at 65 with an employee of the month certificate and a gold watch is just not going to work.
I've made the decision to start actively 'creating my own destiny'. The goal is to be able to retire at 35 and live a life of luxurious leisure on the coast.

So - checkpoint for myself - i get to come back here in 5 years and confirm that its happened. Name it and claim it as they say! (The fact that I've now put it out there in writing has to mean something.....it should at least shame me into action.)

2 comments:

Azalea said...

Hi. I did not know that you had a blog... or more than one blog. Keep writing. It's cute that you've chosen a name that N chose for you. :-)

I think retiring at 35 is a brilliant idea. I know I can't do it myself... . but you probably will... and there is nothing I can think of that is more delicious than that! go for it. Which coast?

MJ aka Paps said...

Thanks Ashu....
i love reading blogs...one of the things that i do for about 30 mins sometime in my day - that allows me to relax and remember that there are other ppl in the world also trying to 'live'......

i've started a few in my time; always forgetting what they were called....this time there is no chance of that!!